October 6, 2015

My Favorite Green Smoothie

This might look intimidating because it’s green, but believe me you don’t even taste the spinach. Make sure you don’t leave it out though because it adds lots of important vitamins and minerals!!

I love to drink green smoothies any time of the year, but now that fall is here I love to add the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice! If you don’t like pumpkin, you can easily create your own variation using this basic formula. Try using a whole banana instead of the pumpkin, peanut butter instead of the Sunbutter and 1 TB of cacao powder in place of the pumpkin pie spice! Delish!!

I don’t typically use protein powders, but if you do you could easily add a few scoops into the mix!



1 cup ice
1 cup milk of your choice (I used Whole Foods organic Almond Milk. I usually use Trader Joe’s light coconut milk, but they have been out of stock for a few months now L)
1 cup coconut water
½ banana (not pictured)
2 heaping TB organic pumpkin puree
2 heaping TB organic Sunbutter (you could use any nut/seed butter here)
2 tsp ground flax seeds (not pictured)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I used Trader Joe’s brand, but I usually make my own. A good recipe can be found here )
6 drops Sweet Leaf Vanilla stevia (adjust to your personal taste)
2 large handfuls of fresh spinach (you can use about ½ cup of frozen spinach too and cut ice in half)

Throw everything in the blender and puree until completely smooth.





















Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or a snack! This is really filling and will keep you satisfied for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment